YOUTHEATRE is a program in which students are able to learn about theatre productions by presenting one act plays. Third through ninth graders act in productions while seasoned high school students function as directors. Adult staff provides needed support.
Due to COVID-19, YOUTHEATRE will look a little different for 2021 including being held outdoors, participants wearing masks and social distancing, COVID-19 screenings and temperature checks, and dividing the group by plays and keeping the groups separate. Registration is limited to 40 participants in each group and is first come first serve. Youtheatre runs April 17 – June 19, 2021.
Registrations opens Monday, March 29 at 8:00 AM. Links are available now but will not work until Monday. Please complete the following steps to register for Youtheatre 2021
- Review the YT2021 Packet- FINAL and COVID-19 Pandemic Plan- YOUTHEATRE FINAL- Approved 3.26.2021 which includes the schedule and keep for your record.
- Submit Registration Payment via ETIX:
- You will have the option to register for either groups (pick which group’s schedule works best for you):
- Both groups need to complete the Registration Form.
Youth Program Volunteers and Student Directors
Please complete the following steps to be able to volunteer at Youtheatre:
- Complete volunteer application by clicking here
- Complete DHHS Central Registry Clearance (Over the age of 18)
- Complete the form and check the box “I am completing this for myself”.
- Add a copy of your drivers license.
- Take completed form to Department of Health and Human Services and provide the Players office with a copy of the returned Clearance Form.
- Once you receive your results, please leave in the mail slot at Bay City Players. Bay City Players admin will notify Youtheatre leadership that you are eligible to volunteer and they will be in contact for scheduling.
- Please review the Code-of-Conduct-Form-for-Volunteers-Working-with-Children-1, sign, and submit in mail slot at Bay City Players.
- Youtheatre Student Directors- Please have a parent or legal guardian complete the Registration Form.
Stages of Discovery is a group of youth actors, adult directors and parents committed to developing theatre skills and putting on full-scale musicals and plays. It presents Christmas shows, competition plays, and summer repertory theatre.
In July and August, Bay City Players Stages of Discovery will hold a series of workshops designed to develop performance and technical skills. Acting, movement, creative thinking & problem solving, awareness of the world around us, and theatre technology will be explored. Activities led by skilled & experienced theatre personnel.
2021 Stages Summer Workshop
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON
Performance Dates: TBA
2021 Stages of Discovery Registration Form: Coming soon
Students who have completed second through twelfth grades are eligible to register.
Sessions will be held at Bay City Players (air-conditioned) Theatre from 10:00 to 3:00, Monday through Thursday. Performances dates are TBA. Students must bring their own lunches (refrigerators are available).
The fee for the two-week series of workshops and the production week is $80. The third week is a full week, providing opportunities for practical applications of skills developed in workshops. Some partial need-based scholarships may be available. Apply for scholarships by letter to Joanne Berry (email@example.com). You must preregister.
Please make check or money order payable to Bay City Players. Mail to Bay City Players, 1214 Columbus Ave., Bay City, MI 48708. If you are paying cash, please bring it to Bay City Players office 9:00 – 1:00, Monday through Thursday. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early so that the workshops can begin on time. Check in for the workshops will be in the Bay City Players lobby. Registration deadline: TBA
Please indicate any medical condition/allergies we should know about.
Stages of Discovery is partially funded by the Bay Area Community Foundation Advisory Endowment Fund.
Check this page frequently for other upcoming Stages of Discovery programs and opportunities.
Please direct questions to the Bay City Players Administrative Office.